A special operation conducted by the Northwest VA Regional Drug and Gang Task Force cracked down on illegal narcotics in the area. The eight hour operation aimed at identifying, targeting and arresting individuals responsible for the distribution, manufacturing, and transportation of illegal narcotics. The North End Team covered the City of Winchester and Frederick County. Agents conducted 21 searches of residences with probation officers. The Task Force was assisted by six agencies including the Drug Enforcement Administration, Frederick County Sheriff’s Office, Winchester Police Department, Virginia State Police, Probation and Parole, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. The group also visited 15 residences of interest. The following arrests were made:
- Jeremy Simpson for probation violation – 200 block of Millwood Avenue, Winchester
- Matthew Hoenig for possession of narcotics and probation violation – 500 block of North Kent Street, Winchester
- Terry Johnson for providing false information to a law enforcement officer – 100 block of Lamden Avenue, Winchester
- Carroll Smith for possession of marijuana, 200 block of Ash Hollow Drive, Frederick County
- Bradley Martin for probation violation, 1300 block of Pitcock Lane, Frederick County
- Kathleen Stickley for possession of marijuana, 200 block of Cougar Trail, Frederick County
The following drugs were found during searches of homes; heroin, marijuana, crack cocaine, powder cocaine, and prescription drugs. Agents had encounters with four known gang members. More than $900 of U.S. Currency was taken from a home in the 100 block of Lamden Avenue. Five homes were cited with code violations and a residence on Bellview Avenue was deemed uninhabitable by Zoning and Inspections.
This was the first operation of its kind conducted in Winchester and Frederick County and is part of the Task Force’s effort to get drugs off our streets and make our area a safer place to live.
This press release was prepared by Lauren Cummings, Police Community Relations/Crime Prevention Specialist. (540) 545-7548 (office) email@example.com