The holiday season officially kicks off in Winchester on Monday, December 1st with the annual Old Town Christmas Parade. A number of street closures will be in place to allow the bands, floats, and of course Santa Claus to make their way through the city. The following streets will be shut down at 6 p.m. and will reopen immediately following the parade.
- Cameron Street from Fairfax Lane to Monmouth Street
- Piccadilly Street from Cameron Street to Braddock Street
- Braddock Street from Piccadilly Street to Cork Street
- Cork Street from Braddock Street to Kent Street
- Boscawen Street from Braddock Street to Kent Street
- Indian Alley from Piccadilly Street to Cork Street
Traffic will be diverted one block from each of the closures. Parking restrictions go into effect at 4 p.m. in areas marked with “No Parking” signs.
The parade gets underway at 7 p.m. Parking is available for $5 at any of the four downtown autoparks:
- George Washington & Court Square (on Cameron St) – Use Kent Street entrance/exit only
- Braddock Street Autopark – No exit allowed until parade in finished
- Loudoun Autopark – No access restrictions
The Winchester Police Department’s Honor Guard, K9 Kota, and police officers along with their children will be participating in this year’s parade. We hope to see you there and we wish you a safe holiday season!