The private sector has a stake in the communities where businesses are located and employees live. Customer patronage and employee productivity depend on the real and perceived image of those communities. The Foundation’s mission, to improve the quality of police service, has direct impact on these populations.
The business community and law enforcement face similar problems. Both are affected by crime and illegal activity. Both are interested in employee performance and management development. Law Enforcement can help Foundation companies in white collar and computer-related crime, crime prevention programs, employee drug abuse, and workplace violence. The Foundation can help the Police Department in a number of ways, which can include employee performance measures, vehicle fleet safety, technology, and management development.
Click to view our brochure:
A Collaborative Effort
This collaboration provides both sides with an appreciation of the demands on the “other manager.” By supporting the Foundation, you help to make the local police more effective, and you help to keep the Winchester region, “the community of choice.”
The Foundation recognizes the vital contribution that law enforcement makes to the well being and quality of life enjoyed by individuals and businesses in the region. It believes a strong business/police partnership provides the impetus for local law enforcement to achieve and maintain excellence.
In addition, law enforcement supports many community groups including a Christmas gift/food drive and summer camps for children. Your donations and assistance will help support these programs.
Our Mission and Goals
The Foundation encourages, supports, and recognizes professionalism at every level. The Foundation will focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness in these ways:
- Guidance in the exchange of management skills between businesses and law enforcement.
- Resources, including seed money and in-kind services, for encouraging the development of innovative projects.
- Recognition of members by rewarding and promoting outstanding performance throughout the Departments and community.
Several key points will contribute to the Foundation’s success:
- The commitment and involvement of the Department’s top executives.
- The genuine interest and enthusiasm of Foundation members.
- The acceptance and willingness of the command staff to have outsiders review their operations.
- The commitment of the Winchester Chief of Police and Fredrick County Sheriff to act as a catalyst and provide active liaison between their departments and the Foundation.
The Law Enforcement Foundation provides several scholarships to students in the community. Click here to view the criteria and apply.
How You Can Help
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Frederick County/Winchester Law Enforcement Foundation please call the 540-545-4700.
You can make a donation to the Foundation by using the following Donate button or by sending a check to the address below:
Board of Directors
- Jason Aikens
- Scott Arthur
- Bill Bayliss
- Glenn Burke
- Bruce Downing
- Dr. Tracy Fitzsimmons
- George Glaize, Jr.
- Mike Guevremont
- Barry Lee
- Mike Malone
- Katrina Meade
- Bob Mitchell
- Kathy Nerangis
- Adrian O’Connor
- Larry Omps
- Frank Phillips
- Sen. H. Russell Potts
- John Scully
- Dr. Terry Sinclair
- Harry Smith
- Jim Vickers
- James R. Wilkins, Jr.