Who we are:
The Frederick County/Winchester Law Enforcement Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)3. The Foundation was created in 2009 to serve the Winchester Police Department and Frederick County Sheriff’s Office, by supporting important programs and equipment needs that are not included as part of the City and County’s annual budget. Money raised by the Law Enforcement Foundation ensures officers have the tools they aneed to keep you, your employees, and your family safe!
What we do:
Investments to Law Enforcement Foundation go directly back to the community on one of 3 ways:
- Equipment and Materials to Improve Public Safety
- Leadership and Personal Development Training for Law Enforcement
- Community Events and Outreach Programs
In 2016, the Foundation provided more than $25,000 to support our local law enforcement agencies and community partners. Highlights include:
- New uniforms for the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office Honor Guard
- $4,000 in scholarships distributed to 4 local high school students
- Food and supplies for weekly Teen Night events at the Youth Development Center
- National Night Out & Public Safety Trunk or Treat events
- Winchester Police Employee Recognition Dinner
- Tuition for the Chamber’s Community Leadership Program
The Law Enforcement Foundation provides several scholarships to students in the community. Click here to view the criteria and apply.
A Collaborative Effort
The private sector has a stake in the communities where businesses are located and employees live. The Foundation recognizes the vital contribution that law enforcement makes to the well being and quality of life enjoyed by individuals and businesses in our region.
You can join the nearly 100 local businesses and individuals who have already partnered to make public safety a priority!
Our top contributors include:
How You Can Help
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Frederick County/Winchester Law Enforcement Foundation please call 540-545-4700.
You can make a donation to the Foundation by sending a check to the address below:
The Frederick County/Winchester Law Enforcement Foundation
PO Box 662
Winchester, VA 22604-0662
Click to view our brochure:
Keys to Success
The Foundation encourages, supports, and recognizes professionalism at every level. The Foundation will focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness in these ways:
- Guidance in the exchange of management skills between businesses and law enforcement.
- Resources, including seed money and in-kind services, for encouraging the development of innovative projects.
- Recognition of members by rewarding and promoting outstanding performance throughout the Departments and community.
Several key points will contribute to the Foundation’s success:
- The commitment and involvement of the Department’s top executives.
- The genuine interest and enthusiasm of Foundation members.
- The acceptance and willingness of the command staff to have outsiders review their operations.
- The commitment of the Winchester Chief of Police and Fredrick County Sheriff to act as a catalyst and provide active liaison between their departments and the Foundation.